Can I add a second line to my account?
How can I switch between GSM & Warp 5G?
How do I cancel a payment?
How do I check my balance via SMS?
How do I create an account?
How do I name a phone line?
How do I pay my monthly bill?
How do I refer someone to US Mobile?
How do I set up Security Questions for my US Mobile Account?
How do I set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for your US Mobile account
How do I sign into my account?
How do I snooze my account?
How do I verify my US Mobile account?
How to manage a Pooled Plan
How to set up a Pooled Plan
How to understand usage in Pooled Plans
I'm having trouble signing into my account
US Mobile's iOS & Android Apps
What do I need to do to port out my number?
What happens if I run out of data in my Pooled Plan?
What is AutoPay and how can I enable it?
Where can I check my remaining Minutes, Text Messages and Data?
100 MB to GB – What Can I Do with 100 MB of Data?
Can I return a phone I bought from US Mobile?
Do unused minutes rollover?
Does it cost me to call customer support?
How am I billed for calls and texts?
How can I close my account?
How does the Student Discount work?
How does the free trial work?
How does the referral bonus work?
What do I do if my AutoPay fails?
What is a base plan?
What is the Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee?
What payment methods does US Mobile accept?
What taxes and fees do I have to pay with US Mobile?
Where can I find an invoice for my order?
Where can I update my payment information?
Where can I view my order history?
Will I lose my number if I don't pay the bill?
Calls going to Landline
How to Check Your Block List
I can't use my phone as a hotspot on my Warp 5G line
I can't use my phone as a hotspot with my GSM LTE line
I cannot receive or access my voicemail
I cannot send or receive text messages with GSM LTE line
I cannot send or receive text messages with Warp 5G line
I cannot send/receive MMS with GSM LTE line
I cannot send/receive MMS with Warp 5G line
I cannot use SIM on my device
I have no service with GSM LTE line after the APN Update
I use GSM and I cannot make or receive calls
I use GSM and my cellular data is not working, but talk and text are.
I use Warp 5G and I cannot make or receive calls
I use Warp 5G and my cellular data is not working, but talk and text are
Can I change my plan in the middle of the month?
Can I decide which phone number I get?
How do I use a promo code?
How long does my plan last for?
How to get a free Starter Kit
We have news to share
What do I do if I run out of minutes, texts, or data in the middle of the month?
Where can I get a US Mobile SIM?
Which US Mobile network is best for me?
Which networks does US Mobile use?
Can I make international calls?
Can I use my phone when traveling internationally?
List of eSIM compatible devices
Step-by-step installation guide for eSIM
Updating eSIM APN Settings
eSIM Data Roaming Country APN Settings
Can I switch to a different phone later?
How Do I Set Up WiFi Calling for iPhones?
How can I adjust my phone's ring time?
How can I get my phone unlocked?
How can I set up a hotspot?
How do I Set Up WiFi Calling on Android?
How do I access my voicemail?
How do I insert the SIM into my phone?
How do I set up my voicemail / visual voicemail?
I don't have a phone. What do I do?
I forgot my voicemail password
Is my device compatible with US Mobile?
My Caller ID is incorrect
Will US Mobile SIM cards fit in my phone?
Will my phone work with US Mobile?
How to set up a Blackberry with a GSM LTE line
How to set up an Android with a GSM LTE line
How to set up an iPhone with a GSM LTE line
How to set up an iPhone with a GSM LTE line - iOS 8 and newer (iPhone 6 and newer)
How to set up an iPhone with a GSM LTE line - iOS Version 5 & earlier
How to set up an iPhone with a GSM LTE line - iOS Version 6 & 7
How to set up your Android with Warp 5G in case of No Service
How to set up your Samsung device with a Warp 5G line
How to set up your device with Warp 5G in case of No Service
How to set up your device with a GSM LTE line
How to set up your iPhone with Warp 5G in case of No Service
How can I keep my number?
How do I activate my SIM card?
How to transfer your number from one carrier to another
I cannot activate my SIM
I lost my SIM card
I need to update the information on my port request
- All Categories
- I can't use my phone as a hotspot with my GSM LTE line
I can't use my phone as a hotspot with my GSM LTE line
Updated by Arina Vlasova
If you are able to use your data and other services fine, but still face issues with mobile hotspot, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure you're in an area with coverage.
- Verify that hotspot is turned on.
- Restart the hotspot device.
- Please check these steps on the device you’re trying to connect:
- Check that Wi-Fi is turned on and make sure it is within 15 feet of your phone.
- Make sure it's connected to the right Hotspot Wi-Fi network.
- Restart the device you are trying to connect to the hotspot.
- Try accessing a different website or app. If they work as expected, the hotspot is not the problem.
- Delete the Wi-Fi profile on the connecting device and re-add it.
- Close or disable any programs running in the background and clear the browser cache & history.
Step 1. Update the APN
- Check that the APN settings are configured as stated here.
- If the APN settings are correct but your hotspot still doesn’t work, please amend the APN type to the following:
Step 2. Turn Flight mode ON and OFF
- Go to Settings > Connections / Network & Internet >Flight mode.
- Turn ON Flight mode.
- Turn OFF Flight mode.
- Restart your device.
- Check that hotspot is turned ON.
Step 1. Check the APN
- Check that the APN settings are configured as stated here. If there is a hotspot section appearing under Settings > Cellular / Mobile data > Cellular / Mobile Data Options, be sure to enter “pwg” under that APN field too.
- Restart the iPhone and re-attempt to connect hotspot.
Step 2. Take the SIM out and turn on hotspot
- Take out the SIM from your phone.
- Go to Settings > Cellular / Mobile data, insert the SIM back in your phone.
- Tap Cellular / Mobile data slider to turn it on.
- Tap Personal Hotspot, then tap the slider to turn it on.