Updated by vishal shamnani
Helpful Canned Responses
Starter Kit Promo Code Instructions- Chats
Starter Kit Promo Code Instructions- Emails
How Promo Codes Work
Promo codes are used to apply discounts to a customers order by using a code provided by US Mobile.
You can look for the available promo codes here.
Promo code: "REDDITACT" (The name of the promocode)
1. Percentage discounts (e.g. 50% of the order total).
2. $ value discounts up to a maximum amount (e.g. the order is free up $10 and the customer pays for anything over $10).
Discount Pct.: 50.0 (The % of discount the customer will get)
Max discount: 20.0 (The max amount of discount in $ the customer will receive)
Autopay max usage per subscriber: 1 (The number of times customer can use the promo code)
Features: ACTIVATION, ACTIVATION_PORT IN (this promocode can be used only for new activations)
Cart Codes that work in the shopping cart for SIMs/products
These codes will give customers discounts on orders for products such as SIM cards and phones in the cart page.
Example discounts could be described in marketing messages as any of the following:
- "FREESIM" or "FREEKIT" promo offers $4.3 discount on sim order. With an order of 1 starter kit, the promos offer 100% discount on the order.
- Bulk discount is automatically applied on the sim orders for orders above 10 starter kits/sims
“Combo” codes that offer discounts in both cart and activation
On occasion, there will be marketing campaigns that require both cart and activation promo codes.
1. We have not yet built a single code that applies both discounts automatically. So customers will need to enter promo codes in both places (cart and activation).
2. Typically, only the cart promo code will be advertised. When a customer uses that cart promo code, they will receive an email with the appropriate activation promo code to use upon activation.
Example Combo code flow:
Free SIM and $5 off for 6 months
- Cart promo code of “WOUT2USM” gives $4.3 off in cart, so the customer can get the free SIM card
- An email will be sent to customers who used the code “WOUT2USM” instructing them to use the “WOUT2USMACT” promo code during activation
- Activation promo code of “WOUT2USMACT” gives up to $5 OFF for 6 months off any activation plan order.
Compensation promo codes
When compensating the customer for a hassle/late delivery/troubleshooting or offering free credit, please use the promocode "USMPLANGIFT".
Look up the promo code on the AP and add the amount in front of the promo code, that you want to compensate the customer for.
Promo code : "USMPLANGIFT10FOR3M"
- "10" is the amount of discount in $ the customer will receive.
- "FOR3M" is the number of months he will receive the discount for, in this case, it's 3 months.
- Similarly, "USMPLANGIFT5FOR6M" would mean the customer receives a $5 discount for 6 months.
Limits and Expiration
The promo codes do not technically have expiration dates built into them, but the marketing team will typically set expiration dates and/or usage count limits (e.g. only first 500 customers.)
A lot of promo codes have a maximum usage of 1 time per subscriber account.
That means a customer cannot currently use the same code for multiple SIMs within the same account.
We offer a promo code to customers to get a 20 GB /month Free VPN service for life on Windscribe.
If any customer reaches out to you to request a free VPN or to enquire about how to request their free VPN if the "Request your free VPN" button doesn't work on https://www.usmobile.com/vpn, please follow this guide
Customer forgot to apply promocode while activation, what should I do?
You can apply it manually. However, discount will work only from the next billing cycle and you should keep AutoPay On.
Can I use promocode for activating more than one line on my account?
Check promocode in the list of promocodes on AP. For example, REDDITACT promocode shows max. usage per subscriber = 1 -> this means that promocode can be used only for one line per subscriber.
Does promocode discount include taxes and fees of my plan?
For example, REDDITACT promocode shows include taxes = yes and max. discount = $20 and 50% of the plan. If 50% of plan's price (incl. taxes and fees) customer wants to use promocode for is less that $20 -> taxes and fees are included.
Can I use promocode on an existing US Mobile number?
For example, REDDITACT promocode shows features = ACTIVATION, ACTIVATION_PORT IN -> promocode can only be used for new activations.
Does promocode available for all US Mobile plans?
Yes, promocodes are available for all plans. Promocodes currently have max $ discount and discount % that can be applied to plan.
Will promocode work for activation of both GSM LTE and Super LTE lines?
For example, REDDITACT promocode shows providers = TMOBILE, VERIZON, TELNA -> this promocode works for both networks.
Will promocode work for multiple number of months?
For example, REDDITACT promocode shows Autopay max usage per subscriber = 1 -> promocode while applying it during SIM activation will be used 1 more time. In total promocode will be used for 2 months (initial month + AutoPay month). If Autopay max usage per subscriber was 0 -> promocode would work for 1 month.
Will I avail discount on starter kit using the activation promocode?
For Starter Kit customer should use REDDITSIM promocode. REDDITACT is only for activation.
Promocode is giving customer an error on activation. What should I do?
For example, in REDDITACT case:
- Check that customer is using promocode for the 1st time, because promocode shows max. usage per subscriber = 1 -> this means that promocode can be used only for one line per subscriber.
- Check that promocode is not expired, if expired -> let customer know.
- Check promocode features and see if customer is applying promocode in the valid scenario. REDDITACT promocode shows features = ACTIVATION, ACTIVATION_PORT IN -> promocode can only be used for new activations.
- Check that customer is applying promocode for correct provider. REDDITACT promocode shows providers = TMOBILE, VERIZON-> this promocode works for both networks.
- Advise customer to try clearing cache or using an incognito tab.
- Activate customer's line manually and apply promo code while activation.
- Escalate to Operations and ask to refresh promo code.
What will happen to promocode discount if I decide to transfer my number to GSM LTE Network after activating Super LTE line or vice versa?
The promo code does not move over automatically. For example, REDDITACT promocode shows max. usage per subscriber = 1 -> this means that promocode can be used only for one line per subscriber.
Can I get a discount on multiple lines by activating lines in different months with the promocode?
For example, REDDITACT promocode shows max. usage per subscriber = 1 -> this means that promocode can be used only for one line per subscriber. So customer cannot activate multiple lines.
What will happen to promocode discount if I decide to avail US Mobile 14 day Risk Free Trial Policy?
For example, REDDITACT promocode shows include taxes = yes and max. discount = $20 and 50% of the plan. If a plan of more than $20 is purchased, you can get the remainder amount refunded.
Can I use this promocode for US Mobile Add-ons (Hotspot) on my plan at the time of activation?
For example, REDDITACT promocode shows max. discount = $20 and 50% of the plan. If 50% of plan's price (incl. taxes and fees and hotspot addon) customer wants to use promocode for is less that $20 -> yes, promocode will cover hotspot.
Will I get US Mobile Ludicrous data speed if I use promocode on activation?
Ludicrous speed is a part of the plan, it doesn't have any such relation with promo code. If you want it in the plan, you can have it.
Will I be able to use 5G on my device if I activate line using the promocode?
Yes, if you device is compatible, we do offer 5G on both our networks.
Will I be able to use promocode for activation of US Mobile ESIM Plans?
For example, REDDITACT promocode shows providers = TMOBILE, VERIZON, TELNA -> this promocode works for both networks, but not for eSIMs.
Will the discount rollover to next month if I do not avail the maximum discount upon activation plan?
No, discount will not rollover.
Will the promocode apply to a line added to Unlimited All family plan?
Yes, if it is a new activation.
What if I use activation promocode after the expiration date of promocode?
Customer cannot use promocode that is expired.
Can I use multiple promocodes from the list to avail additional discount on activation?
Customer can't have more than one promocode applied on a single line. Only one promocode will work.
Can I use Starter Kit Promocode if I have already used FREESIM Promocode on my account? Can I use Starter Kit Promocode to avail discount on more than one Starter Kit order?
The FREESIM promo code can only be used once per account.
Can I use Starter Kit Promocode for order of Super LTE SIM Card order or GSM LTE SIM Card order?
Yes, FREESIM gives a max. discount of $4.3 that can be used for ordering both Super LTE SIM Card order or GSM LTE SIM Card.
Can I share promocode discount between two or more new line activations?
For example, REDDITACT promocode shows max. usage per subscriber = 1 and has Max. Usage = 1000 -> this means that promocode can be used only for one line per subscriber. So customer cannot activate multiple lines. However, if customer creates a new account and 1000 limit was not reached -> promocode can be applied (do not share this with customer).
Can I use activation promocode on activating a line in pool plan?
No, promocodes cannot be used for pooled plans.
What will be my monthly bill after first free month of promocode activation?
If promocode max. discount covers fully plan + taxes and fees -> monthly bill = $0.
What if I decide to change my plan for the month after activating a line with promocode discount on a different plan?
If customer decides to change your plan for the month after activating a line with promocode discount, the discount will still be valid, if autopay is on during the renewal.