Abusive Customer SOP
Knowledge Base Guide
Unauthorized Device - Customer language
Can I add a second line to my account?
How can I switch between GSM & Warp 5G?
How do I cancel a payment?
How do I check my balance via SMS?
How do I create an account?
How do I name a phone line?
How do I pay my monthly bill?
How do I refer someone to US Mobile?
How do I set up Security Questions for my US Mobile Account?
How do I set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for your US Mobile account
How do I sign into my account?
How do I snooze my account?
How do I verify my US Mobile account?
How to manage a Pooled Plan
How to set up a Pooled Plan
How to understand usage in Pooled Plans
I'm having trouble signing into my account
US Mobile's iOS & Android Apps
What do I need to do to port out my number?
What happens if I run out of data in my Pooled Plan?
What is AutoPay and how can I enable it?
Where can I check my remaining Minutes, Text Messages and Data?
100 MB to GB – What Can I Do with 100 MB of Data?
Can I return a phone I bought from US Mobile?
Do unused minutes rollover?
Does it cost me to call customer support?
How am I billed for calls and texts?
How can I close my account?
How does the Student Discount work?
How does the free trial work?
How does the referral bonus work?
What do I do if my AutoPay fails?
What is a base plan?
What is the Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee?
What payment methods does US Mobile accept?
What taxes and fees do I have to pay with US Mobile?
Where can I find an invoice for my order?
Where can I update my payment information?
Where can I view my order history?
Will I lose my number if I don't pay the bill?
Calls going to Landline
How to Check Your Block List
I can't use my phone as a hotspot on my Warp 5G line
I can't use my phone as a hotspot with my GSM LTE line
I cannot receive or access my voicemail
I cannot send or receive text messages with GSM LTE line
I cannot send or receive text messages with Warp 5G line
I cannot send/receive MMS with GSM LTE line
I cannot send/receive MMS with Warp 5G line
I cannot use SIM on my device
I have no service with GSM LTE line after the APN Update
I use GSM and I cannot make or receive calls
I use GSM and my cellular data is not working, but talk and text are.
I use Warp 5G and I cannot make or receive calls
I use Warp 5G and my cellular data is not working, but talk and text are
Can I change my plan in the middle of the month?
Can I decide which phone number I get?
How do I use a promo code?
How long does my plan last for?
How to get a free Starter Kit
We have news to share
What do I do if I run out of minutes, texts, or data in the middle of the month?
Where can I get a US Mobile SIM?
Which US Mobile network is best for me?
Which networks does US Mobile use?
Can I make international calls?
Can I use my phone when traveling internationally?
List of eSIM compatible devices
Step-by-step installation guide for eSIM
Updating eSIM APN Settings
eSIM Data Roaming Country APN Settings
Can I switch to a different phone later?
How Do I Set Up WiFi Calling for iPhones?
How can I adjust my phone's ring time?
How can I get my phone unlocked?
How can I set up a hotspot?
How do I Set Up WiFi Calling on Android?
How do I access my voicemail?
How do I insert the SIM into my phone?
How do I set up my voicemail / visual voicemail?
I don't have a phone. What do I do?
I forgot my voicemail password
Is my device compatible with US Mobile?
My Caller ID is incorrect
Will US Mobile SIM cards fit in my phone?
Will my phone work with US Mobile?
How to set up a Blackberry with a GSM LTE line
How to set up an Android with a GSM LTE line
How to set up an iPhone with a GSM LTE line
How to set up an iPhone with a GSM LTE line - iOS 8 and newer (iPhone 6 and newer)
How to set up an iPhone with a GSM LTE line - iOS Version 5 & earlier
How to set up an iPhone with a GSM LTE line - iOS Version 6 & 7
How to set up your Android with Warp 5G in case of No Service
How to set up your Samsung device with a Warp 5G line
How to set up your device with Warp 5G in case of No Service
How to set up your device with a GSM LTE line
How to set up your iPhone with Warp 5G in case of No Service
How can I keep my number?
How do I activate my SIM card?
How to transfer your number from one carrier to another
I cannot activate my SIM
I lost my SIM card
I need to update the information on my port request
LG Exalt LTE
Moto G Series
Motorola Moto XT series
5G UltraWide Band
Add-Ons_Call Forwarding & Blocking: FAQ
Add-Ons_Domestic Data Roaming
Add-Ons_Emails to Texts
Add-Ons_Other (411 Directory, Toll-free numbers)
Add-Ons_Voicemail and Visual Voicemail: FAQ
Add-Ons_Wi-Fi Calling: FAQ
Add-Ons_eSIMs: Complimentary Data Amounts
Add-Ons_eSIMs: Users not on Unlimited All
Balance_SMS Validity and Google Voice
Balance_Top-Up and Base Plan: FAQ
Balance_“Hotspot User” Flag and Hotspot Standalone Devices (Modem, Router etc.)
Billing_Invoice, Payments, Taxes and Fee
General_Data Throttles and Speed: FAQ
General_Terms and Conditions
Join_Networks and 5G
Join_Port In: FAQ
Join_Promo and Deals: FAQ
Join_Promo and Deals: Glossary
Join_Promo and Deals: YouTube Collaborations
Join_Risk Free Trial
Join_SIM Activation Flow
Join_Starter Kit, SIM Cards and Shipping
Navigation_Account / Dashboard
Navigation_Not receiving emails
Navigation_Renew / Cancel Plan
Plans_Family Plans (Multi-line Discounts)
Plans_Pooled Plans: FAQ
Plans_Selection and Pricing
Ports_Internal Port: FAQ
Add-Ons_Call Forwarding: Issues
Add-Ons_VoLTE - (Voice over LTE) - Simultaneous Voice & Data Calls: Issues
Add-Ons_Voicemail and Visual Voicemail: Issues
Devices_Advanced Troubleshooting: GSM LTE - SOC Reset (Vcare)
Devices_Cellular Data_GSM LTE
Devices_Cellular Data_Super LTE
Devices_LTE Status Codes and OTA reconfiguration
Devices_No Service_GSM LTE
Devices_No Service_Super LTE - Android
Devices_No Service_Super LTE - iPhone
Devices_Nokia 3310 APN Settings
Devices_T-Mobile 3G Sunset
Join_Device Compatibility - GSM LTE
Join_Device Compatibility - Warp 5G
Join_Discount 1/2 Access
Navigation_Account / Dashboard: Browser
Navigation_Account and Dashboard: Apps
Ports_GSM LTE PORT-IN Errors
Ports_Port In: Issues
Ports_Port In: Terminology
Ports_Port Out: Issues
Ports_Super LTE PORT-IN Errors
Account_Change Email Address
Add-Ons_VoLTE - (Voice over LTE) - Simultaneous Voice & Data Calls: Requests
Add-Ons_Voicemail and Visual Voicemail: Requests
Balance_Top-up and Base Plan: Requests
Billing_Change/Extend Expiration date
Join_Promo and Deals: Requests
Logistics_Phone Orders Approval Protocol for current customers
Logistics_SIM Order (Status, Reshipment, Cancellation, FREESIM Promo Code)
Logistics_Shop Page and Phone Order
Plans_Pooled Plans: Requests
Ports_Internal Port Protocol
Ports_Port In: Requests
Ports_Port Out Protocol
SIM Requests - Pipefy Forms
SIM_Cancellation of Services
SIM_Change of Ownership
SIM_Features Guide: GSM LTE
SIM_Features Guide: Super LTE (Post-Paid)
SIM_Features Guide: Super LTE (Pre-Paid)
SIM_Premium Security Features
Porting Training Doctrine
Updated by Arina Vlasova
First you have to check the customer's account to establish whether they have an iPhone or Android.
On Super LTE, "No Service" issues are most often seen on iPhones right after SIM activation and insertion. The phone either hasn't yet received the OTA (over the air update), or is at No Service even after receiving it.
Case 0 ( Trivial Case ) :
- Check coverage.
- Check if customer followed this Guide.Check http://downdetector.com/status/verizon to see if there is an outage at the customer's location. Sudden loss of service with no change in the customer's location or phone has in the past been linked to Verizon network outages
Case 1 ( Instruct customer how to Update the APN )
- While connected to Wi-Fi, open Safari and navigate to http://unlockit.co.nz
- Tap Create APN.
- Choose Country = United States.
- Choose Carrier = Verizon LTE.
- Tap Create APN again and confirm.
- The new profile would show up under Settings > General > Profiles. Tap on it and Install it.
- Turn OFF the device > Take out the Sim card > Wait for 60 seconds > Reinsert the sim card > Power ON the device.
Case 2 ( Check If the Phone has received an OTA )
Check the LTE Status code under Line inquiry, to see if the phone has received the OTA. Click on Details in front of MDN:
Phone activation on Super LTE is done via OTA (Over the Air Update). The LTE status code under Line Inquiry tells us the status of the OTA. The three LTE status codes are RS (OTA not received), CN (OTA received) and RF (OTA failed---this is pretty rare).
- If the OTA is received = CN and the connection still doesn’t work -> ask customers turn off the phone for 60 seconds or have them remove the sim card for 15 seconds and then reinsert and restart.
- If the OTA is not received = RS, check the documentation on how to do an OTA update and guide the customer.
- If the OTA failed = RF, escalate to a Team Lead.
Case 3 ( Reset Network Settings )
If manual APN configuration method fails, then we try the network settings reset option. There might be corruption/issue in APN configuration which can be cleared out through this option.
- Ask customer to insert GSM LTE Sim.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings.This will remove all the saved Wi-Fi passwords.
- Power off and Insert Super LTE SIM back.Sometimes resetting works even with Super LTE SIM. You may try to Reset Network Settings and then using unlockit to update the APN again in case the customer doesn't have a GSM LTE SIM card.
Another way to Reset Network Settings:
- Ask customer to Power off the device and Remove the sim card.
- Hotline line for customer in AP.
- Ask customer to wait 60 seconds.
- Restore line for customer in AP.
- Ask customer to reinsert the sim card and power on the device.
Case 4 (If it's an iPhone that had service before)
Sometimes an iPhone might lose service which previously had service and was working fine. In such case:
- Ask the customer if they used an international SIM in their iPhone recently. If yes, then that explains it. Using a non-US SIM in a Super LTE equipped iPhone will prevent the iPhone from regaining service immediately when the Super LTE SIM is re-inserted.
- If a spare Super LTE SIM is not available, then ask the customer to connect the phone to Wi-Fi, leave connected to a charger for a few hours and it should gain service on its own eventually.
Case 5 (Try SIM card in another device)
- Verify if the correct SIM card is inserted in the customer's phone and if it fits perfectly in the SIM tray.
- Have them remove the SIM, clean with soft cloth and make sure the SIM slot is clear of any debris.
- Before trying your SIM card in another device, step out of the house or go near a window to see if there is a difference in service and/or signal strength.
- If the problem persists, insert the SIM in any other Super LTE compatible unlocked device. In case of a dual sim phone, insert the sim in the other slot and check if it makes a difference.