Abusive Customer SOP
Knowledge Base Guide
Unauthorized Device - Customer language
Can I add a second line to my account?
How can I switch between GSM & Warp 5G?
How do I cancel a payment?
How do I check my balance via SMS?
How do I create an account?
How do I name a phone line?
How do I pay my monthly bill?
How do I refer someone to US Mobile?
How do I set up Security Questions for my US Mobile Account?
How do I set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for your US Mobile account
How do I sign into my account?
How do I snooze my account?
How do I verify my US Mobile account?
How to manage a Pooled Plan
How to set up a Pooled Plan
How to understand usage in Pooled Plans
I'm having trouble signing into my account
US Mobile's iOS & Android Apps
What do I need to do to port out my number?
What happens if I run out of data in my Pooled Plan?
What is AutoPay and how can I enable it?
Where can I check my remaining Minutes, Text Messages and Data?
100 MB to GB – What Can I Do with 100 MB of Data?
Can I return a phone I bought from US Mobile?
Do unused minutes rollover?
Does it cost me to call customer support?
How am I billed for calls and texts?
How can I close my account?
How does the Student Discount work?
How does the free trial work?
How does the referral bonus work?
What do I do if my AutoPay fails?
What is a base plan?
What is the Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee?
What payment methods does US Mobile accept?
What taxes and fees do I have to pay with US Mobile?
Where can I find an invoice for my order?
Where can I update my payment information?
Where can I view my order history?
Will I lose my number if I don't pay the bill?
Calls going to Landline
How to Check Your Block List
I can't use my phone as a hotspot on my Warp 5G line
I can't use my phone as a hotspot with my GSM LTE line
I cannot receive or access my voicemail
I cannot send or receive text messages with GSM LTE line
I cannot send or receive text messages with Warp 5G line
I cannot send/receive MMS with GSM LTE line
I cannot send/receive MMS with Warp 5G line
I cannot use SIM on my device
I have no service with GSM LTE line after the APN Update
I use GSM and I cannot make or receive calls
I use GSM and my cellular data is not working, but talk and text are.
I use Warp 5G and I cannot make or receive calls
I use Warp 5G and my cellular data is not working, but talk and text are
Can I change my plan in the middle of the month?
Can I decide which phone number I get?
How do I use a promo code?
How long does my plan last for?
How to get a free Starter Kit
We have news to share
What do I do if I run out of minutes, texts, or data in the middle of the month?
Where can I get a US Mobile SIM?
Which US Mobile network is best for me?
Which networks does US Mobile use?
Can I make international calls?
Can I use my phone when traveling internationally?
List of eSIM compatible devices
Step-by-step installation guide for eSIM
Updating eSIM APN Settings
eSIM Data Roaming Country APN Settings
Can I switch to a different phone later?
How Do I Set Up WiFi Calling for iPhones?
How can I adjust my phone's ring time?
How can I get my phone unlocked?
How can I set up a hotspot?
How do I Set Up WiFi Calling on Android?
How do I access my voicemail?
How do I insert the SIM into my phone?
How do I set up my voicemail / visual voicemail?
I don't have a phone. What do I do?
I forgot my voicemail password
Is my device compatible with US Mobile?
My Caller ID is incorrect
Will US Mobile SIM cards fit in my phone?
Will my phone work with US Mobile?
How to set up a Blackberry with a GSM LTE line
How to set up an Android with a GSM LTE line
How to set up an iPhone with a GSM LTE line
How to set up an iPhone with a GSM LTE line - iOS 8 and newer (iPhone 6 and newer)
How to set up an iPhone with a GSM LTE line - iOS Version 5 & earlier
How to set up an iPhone with a GSM LTE line - iOS Version 6 & 7
How to set up your Android with Warp 5G in case of No Service
How to set up your Samsung device with a Warp 5G line
How to set up your device with Warp 5G in case of No Service
How to set up your device with a GSM LTE line
How to set up your iPhone with Warp 5G in case of No Service
How can I keep my number?
How do I activate my SIM card?
How to transfer your number from one carrier to another
I cannot activate my SIM
I lost my SIM card
I need to update the information on my port request
LG Exalt LTE
Moto G Series
Motorola Moto XT series
5G UltraWide Band
Add-Ons_Call Forwarding & Blocking: FAQ
Add-Ons_Domestic Data Roaming
Add-Ons_Emails to Texts
Add-Ons_Other (411 Directory, Toll-free numbers)
Add-Ons_Voicemail and Visual Voicemail: FAQ
Add-Ons_Wi-Fi Calling: FAQ
Add-Ons_eSIMs: Complimentary Data Amounts
Add-Ons_eSIMs: Users not on Unlimited All
Balance_SMS Validity and Google Voice
Balance_Top-Up and Base Plan: FAQ
Balance_“Hotspot User” Flag and Hotspot Standalone Devices (Modem, Router etc.)
Billing_Invoice, Payments, Taxes and Fee
General_Data Throttles and Speed: FAQ
General_Terms and Conditions
Join_Networks and 5G
Join_Port In: FAQ
Join_Promo and Deals: FAQ
Join_Promo and Deals: Glossary
Join_Promo and Deals: YouTube Collaborations
Join_Risk Free Trial
Join_SIM Activation Flow
Join_Starter Kit, SIM Cards and Shipping
Navigation_Account / Dashboard
Navigation_Not receiving emails
Navigation_Renew / Cancel Plan
Plans_Family Plans (Multi-line Discounts)
Plans_Pooled Plans: FAQ
Plans_Selection and Pricing
Ports_Internal Port: FAQ
Add-Ons_Call Forwarding: Issues
Add-Ons_VoLTE - (Voice over LTE) - Simultaneous Voice & Data Calls: Issues
Add-Ons_Voicemail and Visual Voicemail: Issues
Devices_Advanced Troubleshooting: GSM LTE - SOC Reset (Vcare)
Devices_Cellular Data_GSM LTE
Devices_Cellular Data_Super LTE
Devices_LTE Status Codes and OTA reconfiguration
Devices_No Service_GSM LTE
Devices_No Service_Super LTE - Android
Devices_No Service_Super LTE - iPhone
Devices_Nokia 3310 APN Settings
Devices_T-Mobile 3G Sunset
Join_Device Compatibility - GSM LTE
Join_Device Compatibility - Warp 5G
Join_Discount 1/2 Access
Navigation_Account / Dashboard: Browser
Navigation_Account and Dashboard: Apps
Ports_GSM LTE PORT-IN Errors
Ports_Port In: Issues
Ports_Port In: Terminology
Ports_Port Out: Issues
Ports_Super LTE PORT-IN Errors
Account_Change Email Address
Add-Ons_VoLTE - (Voice over LTE) - Simultaneous Voice & Data Calls: Requests
Add-Ons_Voicemail and Visual Voicemail: Requests
Balance_Top-up and Base Plan: Requests
Billing_Change/Extend Expiration date
Join_Promo and Deals: Requests
Logistics_Phone Orders Approval Protocol for current customers
Logistics_SIM Order (Status, Reshipment, Cancellation, FREESIM Promo Code)
Logistics_Shop Page and Phone Order
Plans_Pooled Plans: Requests
Ports_Internal Port Protocol
Ports_Port In: Requests
Ports_Port Out Protocol
SIM Requests - Pipefy Forms
SIM_Cancellation of Services
SIM_Change of Ownership
SIM_Features Guide: GSM LTE
SIM_Features Guide: Super LTE (Post-Paid)
SIM_Features Guide: Super LTE (Pre-Paid)
SIM_Premium Security Features
Porting Training Doctrine
Updated by Arina Vlasova
- Check if customer updated the APN after SIM Activation using this guide.Customer may mention they are unable to save the APN's
Solution: Add APN without MNC and MCC.
- Check if customer followed this Guide if still no service even after APN update.Nokia 3310 APN Settings are here.
MS Status Check and Tweaks
ALWAYS Check MS Status. You can check it on:
- Vcare by going to HLR Query on Vcare or,
- by clicking on Details in front of MDN on SIM Page (make sure to sync the SIM page every time before checking)
There are 4 types of MS_Status statuses:
- Purged: This means that the phone has been turned off for an extended period of time, as it was registering to the network. Or that, the device just hasn’t responded in a period of time, so the last documented data/location has been removed.
- Detached: This means that the mobile is switched off or is unreachable, is off the network.In case the status is Purged or Detached always 'cancel device', and then 'sync to carrier' from Vcare. Have the customer restart the phone. Check MS_Status again, and proceed with further troubleshooting accordingly.
- Idle: means the SIM card is being read by the device.In case status is Idle, and the phone is still not working, continue with the basic troubleshooting.
- Not Registered: If the status is “Not Registered” with no IMEI, it means the SIM was never registered on the network after activation.In case the status is Not Registered, and the IMEI is NOT present, customer may have inserted the SIM Card incorrectly/device might be locked/ he may not have coverage in the area.In case the status is Not Registered and the IMEI is present, move the customer to 2G/3G temporarily (This could be a partial service issue/call issue).
After the tweaks are made, ask the customer to turn off the device, take the SIM card out, put it back in and turn the device on. If the issue persists, proceed with troubleshooting process.
If a new customer reports no service:
- Get the address where he is currently using the service and check the coverage.
- Ask for the make and model to check compatibility of the phone.
Check compatibility via Admin Portal: T-Mobile -> Device Query.
- Confirm if the phone is unlocked.In case the phone is not compatible or is locked, please ask the customer to try using the SIM card in any other GSM unlocked device.
If a new or existing customer reports no service:
- Whenever a customer with GSM LTE service experiences an issue for either talk/text/data, first check the line if the customer has a respective active plan. Do not forget to sync the line first.
- Get the address where they are currently using the service and check the coverage. Ask the customer if they are getting any signal bars. if they are, ask how many signal bars are they getting.
Check on our website which of the two SIMs have better coverage in the customer’s area:
Ask the customer for their zip code, go to usmobile.com/networks, tap on “Where you are?”, enter the zip code and see which of the cards is recommended.
Check Coverage maps: Access the GSM coverage map here.
Ask the customer’s complete address and zip code of the location they are attempting to use service in. Enter the information on the search bar. The map can show the level of coverage at each address, including the quality of service outdoors, inside car, indoors and in apartments:
Other coverage map resources: Cellmapper, OpenSignalGSM LTE coverage is available in Hawaii and Puerto Rico, but not Alaska.
- Manually search for a network:
- Go to Settings > Carrier > Disable ‘Automatic’.
- Connect to Home, T-Mobile or US Mobile, whichever comes up.
- Go to Settings > Connections / Network & Internet > Mobile Networks / Cellular Networks > (Preferred) Network Operators.
- Disable Automatic selection > search manually.
- Connect to Home, T-Mobile or US Mobile, whichever comes up.
- Make sure that the device is not on Airplane mode
- Try to perform network resetAPN settings and Wi-Fi passwords will be erased. Refer customer to this guide to update the APN after the resetiPhone:
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings.Android:
Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings
Go to Settings > Connections / Network & Internet > tap on the three-dot icon at the top > Select Network settings reset > Reset settingsIf everything is set, and customer is still facing issues, follow this guide to Reset SOC settings. If you don't have the access, have it done by a TL or someone who has the access.
- Try SIM card in another device
1. Check what SIM card is inserted in the customer's phone and that it is inserted properly in the phone.
2. Have them remove the SIM, clean with soft cloth and make sure the SIM slot is clear of any debris.
3. Before trying your SIM card in another device, step out of the house or go near a window to see if there is a difference in service and/or signal strength.
4. If the problem persists, insert the SIM in any other GSM unlocked device. In case of a dual sim phone, insert the sim in the other slot and check if it makes a difference. Or ask them to try using Super LTE SIM on their device.If the SIM works in another phone, the issue is in the original device. However, if the problem persists in the other phone, the SIM needs to be replaced. If Super LTE SIM works on customer's phone -> GSM LTE SIM is faulty. Send a complimentary SIM to customer and ask them to reach out once they receive it to have MDN Swap done.
- If the customer still needs a solution, escalate the issue.